Bob Andrews Motors has been a family-owned and operated business since its creation. Bob Andrews Sr. opened his shop on Taylor Street in 1923, where Bob Andrews Jr. eventually worked. Now, the 88-year old business has two locations, 14 full-time employees, and is owned by Bob's grandson, Michael B. Andrews.
After operating on Taylor Street, the original shop moved to Sumter Street before going to the landmark Five Points location on Harden Street in 1940. Eventually, they moved to the $1 million facility on Two Notch Road. Andrews believes that even though they left the nostalgic Harden Street location, their commitment to personal customer service will never change.
Because of their success, they were able to open a second location on St. Andrews Road.
As for the owner, Michael Andrews, and his wife, have two sons, Tanner & Preston, who hopefully will be inheriting the family business one day.